
The Dewey's Books Reading Challenge involves reading books that Dewey reviewed on her blog before she passed away in November. It's being done as a tribute to Dewey, and that's my reason for participating--as a way of connecting with other folks who were touched in any way by her presence on the blogosphere.
I'm committing to reading five books:
How I Live Now - Meg Rosoff
Looking for Alaska - John Green
The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing Vol 1 - M.T.Anderson
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
Alternate (am I allowed an alternate? Because I'm a little afraid about the Rosoff book, even though I hear it's wonderful. I'm not a big fan of the futuristic stuff, generally)
The Uncommon Reader - Alan Bennett
2 comments:
I'm so glad you're joining us for this challenge, Ali. It's a great list, and, yes, you may have alternates, substitutions, books that count for multiple challenges, anything you want. I need to read some John Green! I keep hearing good things about his books. I'm looking forward to your reviews.
And I'm so excited that you're doing the Knit-A-Long, too!
I've got Green on my list, too. I don't recognize the Rosoff book or maybe it just didn't make it into long term memory. I wish I had been better abt listing who recommended books to me last year. The Uncommon Reader is quite short so it will be a fun and easy one.
Post a Comment