I'm joining the YA reading challenge, because what are the chances of me not reading 12 young adult books in a year? Here are J. Kaye's guidelines:1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.
2. Read 12 Young Adult novels. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
3. Challenge begins January thru December, 2009.
4. You can join anytime between now and December 31, 2009
Here's my list, as it stands now. It consists of the YA books on my shelf, plus a few titles that fit the Diversity Rocks! challenge. If you'd like to join me in Diversity Rocks, all you need to do is include at least one author of color in your YA Challenge reading list. YA suggestions will be posted on the Diversity Rocks! site within the next few days.
1. Janes in Love, by Cecil Castelluci (because I loved The Plain Janes!)
2. Beige, by Cecil Castellucci (see above)
3. Boy Proof, by Cecil Castellucci (you're getting the idea now, right?)
4. Born Confused by Tanuja Desai Hidier (because it was recommended for the Diversity Rocks challenge)
5. Thaw, by Monica Roe (because of a review on somebody's blog last week)
6. Bog Child, by Siobhan Dowd (because it's set in Ireland)
7. The Rules of Survival, by Nancy Werlin (I don't remember why, but it's on my shelf)
8. something by Jacqueline Woodson (because she was recommended for the Diversity Rocks challenge)
9. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green (overlaps with Dewey's books challenge)
10. Looking for Alaska (also John Green)
11. Cracked up to Be
12. How I Live Now by Meg Rossoff or The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, vol. 1 (overlaps with Dewey's books challenge)
2 comments:
I have been meaning to read PAPER TOWNS. I don't know if I will. I've signed up for so many challenges. Speaking of which, it's the reason I am here. :)
Welcome to the YA Reading Challenge. Feel free to join the Yahoo Groups if you'd like. It's a chatty group at time. ;)
Please let me know how Cracked Up to Be is, I am thinking of buying it! I am reading the John Green books as well, let me now what you think of them! :)
Post a Comment