Thursday, December 25, 2008

Diversity Rocks! Challenge

This one's my challenge, so I should really do my post about it. Trouble is, until I commit to my other challenges, I'm not quite sure what books I'm reading for this one, so I'll have to update this post as I go along.

I'm addressing this challenge in two ways:

1) I hope to read and review at least two books by authors of color each month in the year 2009.

2) In every challenge I commit to, I'll include books by authors of color.

I'm not committing to a certain number or percentage. Simply by organizing the challenge, I'm finding myself in a whole new section of the (virtual) bookstore, and I know that in itself will have a huge impact on my reading habits for 2009. In my Graphic Novels challenge list, 4 out of 6 titles cross with Diversity Rocks. Two of them are on my shelf, waiting for the challenge to begin. January 1st will be here soon!

No comments: