I cleared out my first tier in my Bloglines reader, which only leaves....about 2100 unread posts! So, no problem there. Ha! Managed to create some poetry as well, of which I will share one. I decided to call this one Essence of Procrastination. It was created out of my Tweets throughout the day--taking one form of procrastination and transforming it into an entirely new form of procrastination! And now I'm posting about the poem, which would make this the third level of procrastination, and you're probably reading this post instead of doing something else, bringing us to the Fourth Level of Procrastination!
Anyway, I changed the order of the tweets and deleted some parts and came up with this:
Essence of Procrastination
Finally got my to-do list done! It fell
on the floor
when I was putting laundry away.
Wonder what I'm doing
wrong.
Just lost the book I was blogging about
Still have the bird on my background page though
Now we won't confuse anyone.
I'll blog it
for it's own sake
No sense of obligation
to contact further
if I don't love it
Even if it doesn't get done this weekend,
it helps to put it all on the list, right?
My theory, anyway.
Profound, huh? So, when I wasn't being all poetic and stuff, I was doing this stuff on Worducopia:
Write Diversity Roll Call postFinish reading Alive & Well in Prague New York for Nerds Heart YA TournamentWrite Bloggiesta to-do listWrite up thoughts on Alive & Well in Prague New York and Stop Me If You've Heard This Before for Nerds Heart YAGet with Lenore to make Nerds Heart YA round 1 decisionWrite up and post decision by Sunday
And a little bit of this:
- Write Something Beyond Greatness post for Tues. Half done
- Interview Chris about Momentum is Your Friend for another "He Read It, I Didn't" post. He refused! "It's been too long," he said. I'll try again later.
- Book chat with Ben and Evan about the Ranger's Apprentice series Chat done but not written up
Willamette Writer's Conference post for Reading Local: Portland- Read and write up a short story post for Short Story Sundays/Mondays
- Update challenges with books read Well, I looked at the challenges, does that count? I now remember what they are.
- Add new posts to Bookworms Carnival (Jill's, mine) and contact local authors First part done, second part ignored
- Add links to other reviews to past reviews Wow, that phrase makes very little sense now that I reread it.
- Add links to connect posts to each other: Roaring Forties book reviews, Carlson posts, Lahiri posts Partly done
- Update soundtrack segments, to link to last.fm Partly done
Personal Blog (Alirambles) ignored yet again, poor little blog
- Post about homeschool co-op camping trip (photos from Linda?)
- Post charter school/homeschool update
- Add labels to posts
Diversity Rocks Maybe next week?
- Write half-way point post for July 1
- Contact publishers regarding prizes for second half of challenge
- Change music playlist to Asian music
Exo-blogging tasks Dream on, Ali!
- Transfer reviews to LibraryThing
- Update tags on LibraryThing books
- Register Book Crossing books
- Post on Homeschool Lounge
2 comments:
Just cruising through the Bloggiesta participant blogs and meeting my fellow book bloggers. Great post! The Bloggiests needs to almost be a retreat format so we can all go away and lock ourselves alone in a cabin somewhere with only our books to review and our laptops!
Here I am, like two weeks late, wanted to say congrats on a fantastic bloggiesta! Like you I made a huge list and wasn't able to get it all done but the fun is in trying. Thanks for participating!
Post a Comment